Explore Greenland Fiord on your Own - Uummannaq
The base camp is only 5 km hike away from the airport in Qaarsut, you will have to walk on the beach to get there.
On the base camp you will find 3 tents which will be already set up with sleeping bags, sleeping pads, cooking equipment and a toilet.
You will also find kayaks and canoes in the camp for rent so you will be able to go out for a sailing or hiking adventure on your own.
- 1 tent for two persons
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping pad
- Cooking equipment
- Water bottle (you can self refill it)
- Spot Satellite Messenger (One-way communication)
Safety instruction manual
- Kayaks and canoes are not included but there are available for rent
- Food is not included but you can bring
- your own and cook as we provide cooking equipment.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 75% if booking is cancelled 5 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 15 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 35% if booking is cancelled 21 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 70 days or less before the event
Discover Greenland by yourself??
If you like camping, hiking, trekking or kayaking, then this program is for you. In the base camp you will find tents, camping equipment, sleeping bags, canoes and kayaks, everything you need to start exploring our amazing land.
You can start this experience at the following places.
postboks 91, 3961 Uummannaq, Greenland
How to get to Greenland?
It will depend where are you coming from. We have created a list so you have an idea of how much will be to fly from your country. In most of the cases you will have to take connection flights in Iceland or Denmark as direct flights are very limited.
From the USA or Canada
(Boston, Toronto and New York) around USD 2,400 (16,000 DKK) round trip with connection flight in Keflavik, Iceland.
(Paris, Hamburg, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Heathrow, Madrid and Rome) around €1,350 – USD 1,500 (10,000 DKK) round trip with connection flight in Copenhagen.
From Melbourne, Australia or Singapore
around USD 3,000 (20,000 DKK) round trip with connection flight in Copenhagen.
From Denmark, Copenhagen
DIRECT, around €1,100 – USD 1,200 (8,000 DKK) round trip.
If you have any other questions regarding how to get here, feel free to message our travel agency Greenland tours expert. Greenland tours expert