Hiking over Ikesarak Island - Uummannaq
Discover a beautiful area where there is a rich wildlife, polar hare, foxes, ducks and geese. In the area we have a lot of berries, which is why the polar hare loves the area. The area is a place where there has been an old settlement.
- Accomodation in Ummannaq
- Accommodation in Uummannatsiaq “the hut”
- Accommodation in the Settlement Ikerasak
- Sailing tour to Uummannatsiaq Start of the Hike tour “Incl. Fishing tour”
- Pick you up in Ikerasak and sailing back to Uummannaq
- Guide tour in Uummannatsiaq
- Food to the hike tour
- Food in the settlement Ikerasak
- Inreach satellite tracker
- VHF Radio
- On this hike tour their can be layer cloths.
What do i need to bring ?
- Backpack with at least one change of clothing.
- The temperature can change pretty quickly so is better if you dressin layers for the hike to make sure you are prepared.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 15 days or less before the event
Small hike and checking the area
We’ll start our trip sailing together from Uummannaq to Uummannatsiaq. During our navigation we will offer you agreat fishing experience, guaranteeing you a fresh dinner! After we arrive, our guide will show you around, will tell you where will be the start of your hike and everything you need to know! In the afternoon, the captain and the guide will head back to Uummannaq and you will be able to discover this beautifull area rich in wild life on your own
Hiking and Meet the hunter family in Ikerasak
Her you self-start your hiking tour crossing Ikerasak island, in the afternoon you will arrive to Ikerasak and a local family is ready with dinner and dessert. Overnight in the settlement with local fishermen or hunter.
Meet the locals and sailing tour back to Uummannaq
Stay up with locals and see how their life is. In the afternoon we will come and pick you up and sailing back to Uummannaq.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Frederik Frederiksenip Aqq, 3961 Uummannaq, Greenland
How to get to Greenland?
It will depend where are you coming from. We have created a list so you have an idea of how much will be to fly from your country. In most of the cases you will have to take connection flights in Iceland or Denmark as direct flights are very limited.
From the USA or Canada
(Boston, Toronto and New York) around USD 2,400 (16,000 DKK) round trip with connection flight in Keflavik, Iceland.
(Paris, Hamburg, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Heathrow, Madrid and Rome) around €1,350 – USD 1,500 (10,000 DKK) round trip with connection flight in Copenhagen.
From Melbourne, Australia or Singapore
around USD 3,000 (20,000 DKK) round trip with connection flight in Copenhagen.
From Denmark, Copenhagen
DIRECT, around €1,100 – USD 1,200 (8,000 DKK) round trip.
If you have any other questions regarding how to get here, feel free to message our travel agency Greenland tours expert. Greenland tours expert